Quality can mean many things to many people and is usually described as an attribute or a property. In healthcare, quality refers to the extent to which healthcare services are provided to individuals and patient populations to improve health outcomes. The role of quality management at St Mary's Hospital is to support the healthcare team as they continually strive to improve their processes of healthcare delivery. Essentially our quality team monitors and evaluates trends within the hospital and focuses on improving our patients' experiences at the hospital and increasing overall customer satisfaction. Our quality management department is headed by Missy Uwaoma, BSN, RN, and includes representatives from customer service and infection prevention.
We Have In Place :
- TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
This leads to
Our hospital has International Partners who aid the Delivery of Healthcare to our community. A German Midwife Esther Muller has been with us and is coordinating the mother and child care department and service. Dr. Piet Reijer was also in the hospital.
Training For Nurses (August 2019)
There was a 3 day training for our nurses, organized by favoured healthcare service, Georgia USA.
The director of favour care chief Eddy Okwaraoha was present with other member of his team to train our nurses on evolving healthcare nursing principle and care in line with global best practices.
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL MISSION
St Marys hospital Umuowa Orlu has concluded the 2 weeks International Medical Mission which took place from 29th July to 8th August 2019.
- Commissioning Of The Newly Built Ultramodern Eye Centre and Physiotherapy Centre
- Exposure Of The Vision 2025 Plan Of Making The Hospital The Best Hospital In The Zone In 2025.
- Unveiling Of Multifarious Medical Equipment Newly Installed In Radiology, Critical Care, Orthopedics, Emergency, Laboratory, Dialysis, Ophthalmology, Physiotherapy and Many Other Departments
- Inception Of The Dialysis And Intensive Care Units
- Unveiling Of The Wall Of Honors
- Eye Surgeries and Treatment
- Partnership With AMA Foundation
- Commissioning Of The Newly Built Senior Staff Quarters
- Community Health Treatment programs
- Participation Of International Medical Professionals etc.
Guests included the Executive Governor Of Imo State represented by the SSGI Hon Uche Onyeagocha and the Commissioner for health Dr Vin Udokwu, lots of bishops, priests , and other traditional and government dignitaries.
The 2019 International Medical Mission of the hospital will be inaugurated on the 3rd of August 2019. The ceremony will also feature the following:
- Commissioning of the newly built world class Eye Care & Physiotherapy Centre.
- Exposure of the multifarious super – Equipped Medical Equipments.
- Commissioning of the newly built Senior Staff Quarters.
- Unveiling of the Hall of Honors.
- Foundation laying ceremony of the Dialysis/ Intensive Units.
The ceremonies promise to be great event.
The hospital took delivery of many highly developed and modern equipment which are being installed in the hospital. These include diagnostic, therapeutic, monitoring and theatre /surgical gadgets and accessories. These are include Dialysis machines, Mammography, Endoscopy, laparascopy, blood transfusion/ components system, Modular theatre, C arm/fluoroscopy and cardiac monitoring devices.
It is expected that on completion of these installation, the hospital will help to stop external medical tourism of our sick population.
The National Health Insurance Scheme has appointed our hospital as a participating health care service provider in the National Health Insurance scheme both as a primary and secondary health care provider. This will greatly help to provide accessible and qualitative health care services to the large number of people under this scheme.
The hospital has established a Quality Control and Management department in line with global best practices in maintaining the requisite standards in Healthcare management. Earlier in the month, the Medical Director had attended an International Conference with the institute of Medical science (IMSA) to put the hospital in the best position for expected zenith of medical excellence.
The meeting of the Board of Management of the hospital was held during the month. The board noted the giant strides and positive indices of growth recorded by the hospital St. Mary’s Hospital Umuowa is being positioned to be the center of excellence in Medicare and the best private tertiary health center in the zone.